On the other hand, we don’t see any reason why it wouldn’t. This preparation of asparagus was found at the website of WAgrown.com, which should know plenty about this springtime treat that is such a popular crop in the state of Washington.
Total preparation and cooking time is about 20 minutes and the quantity should serve six to eight guests.
Family Reunion Asparagus
2 pounds of fresh WA grown asparagus
3 Tablespoons of sesame oil
3 garlic cloves pressed or minced
2 Tablespoons of soy sauce
2 teaspoons of freshly-ground black pepper
1 Tablespoon of sesame seeds, toasted
1.Pre-heat oil over medium heat.
2. Add garlic and trimmed asparagus and cook al dente.
3. Add soy sauce and pepper and toss.
4. Remove from heat and top with sesame seeds when serving.
Grill method (preferred):
1. Combine all ingredients (except sesame seeds) and cook in aluminum foil over medium heat. They don’t take long to get al dente!
2. Take out of the foil and finish on the grill to get charred.
3. Use tongs to remove to a serving platter and top with toasted sesame seeds.